The diabetes team works for hospitals in Grey and Bruce and is bound by the Personal Health Protection Act and all other applicable laws. We treat your personal health information with respect and sensitivity.
How is my health information used?
- To provide you with health care
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To conduct surveys to improve our services
Who does the team share my personal health information with?
- Health care providers who are part of your care.
- We will send a report to your family doctor or Nurse Practitioner after each appointment with the team, unless you ask us not to.
- Students and Specialists who are working with our team.
- Your family member if you give us permission.
Can I see my personal health information?
We respect your right to see your health record. If you wish to do so please call our office at 519-376-2121 extension 2876 and we will direct you to the Health Records Department of your local hospital.
For More Information
You may also contact the Privacy Office of Grey Bruce Health Services at 519-372-3920 extension 2255 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further questions or concerns can be directed to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at 1-800-387-0073 or at www.ipc.on.ca